Free co-working space for your business
Camden Council has partnered with LABS to offer up to 10 free co-working space to Camden business owners.
Co-working spaces offer flexible space to grow your business, meet other entrepreneurs and collaborate. They can be a useful place to find focus and host meetings with clients or partners.
Finding affordable, accessible office space for your business can be difficult, especially as a start-up or small business. The aim of this scheme is to support growth and break down one of the barriers between business owners and their goals.
The LABS offer includes:
- Access to inspiring workspaces in LABS Atrium, located in the heart of Camden Town
- Potential mentorship from a LABS member
- Provide access to LABS’s member events and socials
- Access LABS community via the app
It is open to start-ups, SMEs and established businesses.
When submitting your application form, please be sure to attach the following:
- Your CV
- A link to your business website
We encourage all business types interested in the opportunity to reach out and apply, particularly business types from the below:
- Tech business
- F&B hospitality
- residential and commercial real estate (office and coworking environments)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation
- Information and communication
Contact the following email to arrange a call to find out more about the opportunity and application process: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Checks will be undertaken relating to Camden residency status, references and business activity
- Application deadline: 16th June 2023 midnight
- If the opportunity is oversubscribed, an informal interview will be held.
Commercial space and incubators
Camden encourages the supply and protection of employment space across the borough. Our Local Plan aims to protect space for small businesses, as well as workspaces that provide employment for Camden residents and support the local economy.
Camden offers a variety of commercial properties in Camden to let, including retail shops and premises.
Find a list of current commercial properties the council is letting.
The London Growth Hub provides an interactive map of workspaces for start-ups and small businesses across London.
There are also a number of accelerators and incubators locally, offering entrepreneurs opportunities to grow their business and increase their chances of attracting top firms to invest:
- Camden Collective: Provides free hot-desking space and subsidised offices for start-ups and training academies in creative and digital skills.
- Digital Catapult: Based at Kings Cross, Digital Catapult is the UK's leading advanced digital technology innovation centre. It supports ambitious start-ups and SMEs to grow and open up new markets
- British Library IP Centre: Provide support for small business owners, entrepreneurs and inventors. Their team are available six days a week, offering advice and guidance for businesses taking the right steps to start up, protect and grow their business.
- London Bioscience Innovation Centre: (LBIC) offers laboratory and office space within one of the largest hubs of life science and biotechnology companies in the UK. They provide exceptional facilities, allowing firms to build their business and credibility with a prestigious London address.